Monday, January 31, 2011

Le Bain

 at the top of Standard Hotel, lies the surreal bar with an indoor jacuzzi and disco ball on top, Le Bain bar.
I wanted to go here for quite a while so was pleased with the heart shaped flotation devices and part time models wearing swanky yacht outfits, as if they always do.  Yea right!
Mojitos are what my friend Suzie calls, "a drink that can easily be good but when made bad, just horrible", so from her perspective, this is a great place, but from mine, $12 per drink is not really my budget.  
The view was outstanding though! Evenings spent gazing at Hudson river from above isn't bad I must say...

the "Biergarten" on the ground level is more of my scene (if I had to choose a scene in this hipster gone rich hotel).  I mean, it had beer....DUH.

No comments:

Post a Comment